Friday, August 8, 2008

My New Job

So I have the coolest job! I work for a company named Chrysalis and I go to a home with four mentally handicapped guys and I get to hang out with them and take care of them and talk to them! I started on Tuesday and yesterday was my first official day. It is so much fun! I have so much to learn from them! Today I am working an extra long shift (2:30pm-12am) and I might be doing it alone because apparently the guy scheduled to work with me sometimes just decides not to show up so it could be an interesting day. I am a little scared for that but I think I can do it! I am so excited to be able to learn from them, I feel like I am actually making a difference in their lives and it is a very good feeling to know what I do is important!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a long shift. Hopefully you won't have to do it alone! Good Luck!

Kathy said...

Glad you like your job!
FYI: The blog looks really good with the new background...Love the ribbon border.

Rachel said...

I disagree, add a couple more hours, and then you can call it a long shift... :) I feel for you with the long hours & late nights! But I'm glad you're liking it!

April Rose said...

haha, yeah, well apparently now i'm working a long shift because I came to work at 10am today and I won't go home until midnight..... yeah.... the house manager accidentally scheduled a girl who moved for today so I have to stay because when all the guys get back there has to be two people here. good times... 14 hours! I might try again to get someone else in here.... but I don't know!

Mom R said...

Dad and I love your attitude. You do make a difference in many lives and you do see the positive in people. We're proud of you. You'll learn so much!

Frans Martin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frans Martin said...

Having a Job that you like usually outweighs the job that pays alittle more. Unless of course they are WAY overpaying you :D

Longs shifts are 16 hour days.
I use to work a job from 7am to 11pm, go home sleep wake up work again. I probably never do it again, but hey i loved the over time pay. Of course now I am working 50+ hours a week, but I dont mind so much because I get paid for every hour that I work. And Susann and I have decided that any money made by overtime work goes towards fun money.