Thursday, October 10, 2013

16 Weeks

If you haven't watched the video in the last post, go watch it, watch it now!  And then proceed reading.

I've reached 16 weeks and I'm ready to let people know.  I am going to have a baby!  Garrett and I are so excited to become parents although this whole pregnancy thing is tougher than I thought.  People keep telling me that I should be getting my energy back any day now and the nausea will soon be a thing of the past but I am still waiting.

The other day I had someone ask me if I was excited to be pregnant and my initial reaction was an emphatic "Yes!" then I thought about it and I have to change my answer to "No, but I am soooo excited to be a mom!"  I didn't realize just how much energy growing a baby could take but I know every second will be worth it!

With this big change coming in March I've had to make some changes in my employment.  Yesterday was officially my last day at the preschool, for now, as I am going back to work for Myler Disability so that I can have better health insurance and afford to have this baby.  It is bittersweet as I absolutely love teaching and I will miss my students with all my heart but I know I'm doing what I need to do for my family.

I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me and who has trusted me with the precious responsibility to care for one of His children.  I'm absolutely in love with this little one already and we haven't even met yet.

16 weeks down and 24 weeks to go!


2 comments:

Alisha said...

Congratulations April! You will be the cutest mom! Sorry about having to leave the preschool, I understand that situation and how tough it is :(

Mom R said...

Dad and I are so excited for you! You will do so great being a mom and Garrett will be such a good Dad. It's worth all the effort!