Saturday, February 28, 2009

Confusion

So there is this boy. His name is Eric. I really like him. He really likes me.... actually to be honest he says he loves me. He wants to date me.... and just me. I like this idea. But I do not feel ready. I have enjoyed spending a lot of time with him, he is a way cool guy, and I want to spend more time with him. I just don't think that I am ready to get into a serious relationship right now and he is having a hard time with this. Eric understands where I am coming from but he is putting a lot of pressure on me to commit but I really just can't right now and I don't know what to do. Do I let him go so that he can just move on and not have to deal with me anymore or should I be selfish and make him wait for me to be ready or do I just commit and let things grow that way. I really don't know what to do. I feel good when I'm around him but I still enjoy flirting with other guys, and that is really not fair at all to him. I feel like a terrible person but what can I do? I need advice!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, here is my advise.... He is trying to push you into something you aren't ready for. Don't be fooled. Even if you do like him, you should NOT commit to something you don't truly want. I know he has talked about marriage. Just remember, the decision you make about marriage is for all eternity! NEVER settle! Be honest when you talk to him as well. If you just want to be friends, let him know. If you don't want to do something, let him know.
...and... personally, when I saw you with him the other day, I didn't think you looked really happy, like you are with the person you want to be with. You more just looked like you were having fun hanging out with a friend.
Plus, this relationship is very new. Take it slow. Don't rush things. You have all the time in the world, don't let him tell you otherwise.

Rachel said...

April... what is all this about!?! I'm not quite sure what advice to give you... maybe you need to bring him over to our house for a double date and then I can give you some more advice! When do you want to come over?

Kathy said...

Great advice Annette! You take all the time you need. Be kind, be true to yourself, and know we all love you :)

Mom R said...

Time and sincere effort to do what is right and with the help of the Lord all will work out. Eric is really nice and friendship is good. Life isn't a race. Take it a day at a time. And enjoy the journey.
Love Ya!