Sunday, March 10, 2013

Answer to Prayer

Back in seventh grade I had a friend that had many struggles with drugs and alcohol, he cleaned himself up for a couple of months but then got back into them, when I asked him why he replied that maybe this was what he was supposed to be, maybe he was supposed to fail, that it was already in God's plan for him.  As a 13 year old I had no idea what to say except that the God that I believed in didn't work like that.  Ever since then I have prayed to know what I should have said to him or what I could say if faced with a similar question in the future and I've gotten lots of advice from friends and family but none of the answers seemed satisfactory to me.  But today after almost 10 years of pondering my prayer was answered as I sat in church today.

Christ payed for me (and my friend) through the atonement, he suffered and bled so that my best would be good enough.  That means that as long as we never give up we cannot fail.  If Christ is our rock then we will succeed. I wish I could have told him that even if he struggled with this his whole life that as long as he didn't give up and he kept trying that it would be enough.  God did not put any one of His children here to fail, He gave us the gift of the atonement so that each one of His children would have a way back to Him.

 It's not a new concept, it is something that I've been taught my whole life I just felt it so strongly today.  As much as I wish I would have had this answer 10 years ago it's nice to know that God is listening.  He listens and He does answer prayers.  Keep praying and keep believing He is there and He hears you!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Beautiful, and SO true!