Sunday, March 24, 2013

Art Show and Parent Teacher Conference

This week was so crazy at the Hamon house.  Garrett stayed up till 2 or 3 am every night working on pieces to submit into an art show and I had Parent Teacher Conference on Friday.  With all of this there were a lot of stressful feelings but through it all we worked together and stayed positive and it turned into a great week!

Art Show-
BYU is having a student art show this April and Garrett wanted to be a part of it so he worked all week to finish a couple more pieces so that he would have 4 pictures to enter into the competition.  After hours and hours of work and the money it took to print, mat, and frame the pieces we were able to submit all 4 pieces to be judged for the show.  Hopefully all 4 get into the show and hopefully we can win something from all of the hard work!  The student art show will be April 4th through the 26th in the HFAC at BYU.  Check out the digital version of his pieces on his blog http://ghamon.blogspot.com/ and we'll let you know if they are chosen to be displayed in the show.

Parent Teacher Conference-
PTC always makes me a little nervous, I have no problem working with the kids but I always feel just a little awkward in front of the parents.  I feel like maybe they will think that I'm a joke and don't know what I'm talking about.  So I just prepared myself the best I could and felt ready for whatever came my way.  I was ready to address even the most intimidating of parents which was a great feeling but only 6 parents showed up!  I have 17 children in my class and only 6 of them had parents who came!  All 6 of those meetings went very well and they were each important but that means that I have 11 students with parents who don't know what I need them to be doing at home to prepare their children for Kindergarten, 11 students with parents that don't know where their children are really at, and 11 students with parents that don't know what is going on in our classroom. But oh well, it'll all be fine.